1. Always work-out on a Monday. This sets your pattern for the week with all the benefits of starting your week energized.
2. Workout first thing in the morning. As the day progresses you’ll find more reasons to not exercise, so designate times and days for your workout and hold yourself to them. Put it on your calendar or write a sticky note and put it on the fridge.
3. Make time to exercise. Period. So you’re not an early morning person or the only alternative is an evening workout? The choices you make define your life and health. Don’t skip appointments you know that are good for you.
4. Never skip exercising for two days in a row. Skip one day but never-ever two, no matter how inconvenient (UNLESS YOU HAVE AN INJURY). And don’t follow through on how you ‘feel.’ Act upon your commitment to yourself and your health. Remember and focus on how great exercise makes you feel after you finish a workout.
5. Focus on all the amazing benefits of working out. People who exercise are healthier, think more clearly, sleep better and have more energy, not to mention the caloric burn, if weight loss is one of your goals.
6. Go through the motions and just get to your class, even if don’t ‘feel’ like working out. After the first 10 minutes you will be glad you made the effort. Mood boost is in play, cardio-vascular is at work and your energy level rises. Just get yourself there and come with the mindset that you will take it easy or do fewer intervals.
7. Find the factors that discourage from your workout. It’s likely not the actual exercise you hate but the mindset that you have a lot to do during your day, or you don’t like waking up early, so IGNORE unhealthy thoughts. You’ll have more energy to accomplish your daily tasks with a more positive mood. Think of exercise as an essential part of being your best; it is a real appearance changer in every aspect.
8. Treat yourself to something special. Put a bit of cash in to improve your health. Pay for a month’s worth of classes if that’s the incentive it takes. Buy those shoes or colorful yoga pants or have fun with a pedometer or any device that tracks your caloric burn or miles traveled.
9. Don’t make good the enemy of the great. Something is always better than nothing. Do what you can at least every other day. Something is better than nothing, so make exercise a high life priority. It may not be a good time to exercise or you may not always feel your greatest, but don’t let anything keep you from doing what you know is GOOD FOR YOU.
10. PRINT THIS AND KEEP IT WHERE YOU WILL READ IT WHEN YOU NEED IT.
QUESTION: Why You Are Faithful to Your HIIT Workout (or 9 Reasons Why HIIT is Addictive)
ANSWER: Because You Get More Benefits In A Shorter Period...
October 20, 2015
KAREN'S 10 TIPS ON STAYING FAITHFUL
TO YOUR WEEKLY WORKOUT SCHEDULE
September 7, 2015
A few thoughts on the top 10...
1. Wearable Technology: fitness trackers, heart rate monitors, pedometers, etc. but if you’re buying fitness trackers...
The American College of Sports Medicine Top 10 Fitness Trends for 2017 are out!